Monday, June 18, 2007

So, the toe was worse than I thought. LONG story short, I ended up having impromtu surgery and am not allowed to walk or stand for too long, or wear shoes. So work is kinda out. At least for now. I was awake for all of it, but they stuck lots of needles into my toe, and blood was EVERYWHERE!!! Thank God I was numb.

THen they cut off part of my toe nail with medical scissors. If I would have felt that, I probably would have passed out. The pain is great, but so are the pain killers! And lots of antibiotics. Everyone who looked at my toe cringed and shuddered. "That looks so painful! That looks horrible!" And it was my big toe... which made me walk funny...and then the chain reaction I mentioned earlier.

My poor Andi is covered in horrible sunburn that turned into giant yellow blisters all over his back. He's bubbly in a bad way now. I rub aloe with lidocaine on him whenever he can stand it, but it's pretty horrible. What a pair we are!

We talked last night and came to the agreement that I need compassion, not disgrace. We're still learning how to handle each other. Everyone responds differently to different situations. At least life is still exciting with him! Indeed. Yeah, I love him. Whoops! Did I just type that out loud? Hahahaha.

ANYWAY! I'm gonna go now. Andi and I are both out of work with the plan to watch movies all day and groan in misery.

BYE!

No comments: