Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Well, it's been about a month since I wrote last. Mom was in the hospital the entire time. She just got home today, against most people's better judgment. She is very confused, doesn't make sense, can't walk or get herself into bed. She can get herself OUT just fine. My Dad has to build a rail to keep her in bed.

Beginning next week, I will be her care provider full time. I already attempted giving her a bath today. She panicked halfway through, and I ended up in the bath acting as her chair while I was fully clothed.

I am not trained, don't know what I'm doing, and can't lift her back into bed when she sneaks out. I have to be in the room at all times so she doesn't creep out of bed and fall down. If she fell, there would be little I could do to correct the situation. To say I'm stressed would be an understatement.

My dad popped a tendon in his elbow when we were lifting her out of the tub. He can't lift her anymore. I'm scared to try it solo. If I dropped her... she is not afraid to scream profanities at you. She did it when we bumped her foot into the nightstand.

She keeps whispering "Michael" which is the name of the Angel she claims stayed with her in the hospital. That creeps me out AND gives me hope. At least she's being taken care of.

My job is driving me insane...duh. I'm really clinging to the hope of "Granted" saving my life. I really believe that it could. If only I could bring myself to consistently work on it.

Tomorrow I start "Biggest Loser-- Twin Cities" and I need to win. Goodbye chub chub, hello girl beneath chub chub. Can't wait to meet you!

Hahahaha, well I am gonna go to bed now. It's been an exhausting day.

No comments: