Friday, March 04, 2005

BAH! I don't feel well. All I want to do is sleep. Coming down off of such an emotional roller coaster, my gosh. I'm so exhausted. Here's the short version:

I wrote to the newspaper, I put that letter in here. The newspaper wrote back. I wrote to them because Kelsey said she was misquoted. The newspaper said otherwise. Observe:

"What was in the article was what Kelsey Marrin told me - I double checked my notes. I also called the Drama Club advisor and she also told me that Kelsey was the primary writer of the play, that you had limited involvement in writing it and that she was aware of your accusation. Unless I have documented proof that the article was inaccurate, I cannot run a correction. Kristine GoodrichWhite Bear/ Vadnais Heights Press"

Yay! Isn't that just the funnest? So, I called Kelsey, but her mom answered. She kinda lectured me about how I need to not accuse, Kelsey deserves at least a co-writing credit, and we needed to discuss legal matters. AHHH! I bawled my eyes out. Guess who got to hear me? BJ.

Thank God for Kelly and BJ, because without them I probably would have done absolutely nothing. I would have cried, sulked, kicked the dirt and held a grudge for the rest of my life. Poor them, because they hear all the tears. I'd like to think I've been there for them too. I know I've tried with Kelly, but I feel like I'm not giving as much as I'm taking from BJ. He says I've helped him out in ways I don't even know, but...I don't know, therefore...I don't know.

Anyway...I'm very grateful for both of them. It's nice to have people to talk to. So, my parents read the reply from the newspaper without telling me, and mom and dad were sooooooo mad. They sprang into action. We called people about copywrite laws and all that fun stuff. Mom called the newspaper and the theater director behind my back, but i guess it worked out ok. After long battles, we got the paper to agree to a retraction. They wanted to give Kelsey a co-write credit, but in script writing... it actually has to do with WRITING, and all Kelsey gave was an idea, which is exactly what she should get the credit for. So, the retraction is going to say that it's a play written by Corrie Killmer, based on an idea by Kelsey Marrin. And seeing as how that's the absolute truth, I don't have a problem with that. I talked to Kelsey, and she doesn't seem to have a problem with that either.

She still maintains the fact that the newspaper ignored the fact that she listed myself as writer. Whatever... I don't know if I believe that.

Anyway, moving on. I've decided to find another job. Caribou isn't... it just isn't anymore. It's the most work I've ever done for the least amount of money. I know I can do better than that. For sure. I get in trouble for things that shouldn't be my responsibility, and that pisses me off royally. So I won't be there too much longer. Hopefully I won't be in MINNESOTA for too much longer. i don't know how much for of this frigidness I can take.

So, I'm sure I have other things to talk about, but I can't think of anything right now. I have to go to bed now. I've had to wake up at 4 every day this week, and it's really beginning to kill me. Today I was sooo out of it, I slept enough. But not enough. I think I'm sick. Maybe I got it from BJ...over the phone, all the way over there in Alabama. Ha! Well...

Nobody really reads this thing, I don't think... but since my other peeps have but this is their blogs/journals, I might as well follow suit. Don't want to be the "uncool" one.

1. Who are you?

2. Are we friends?

3. When and how did we meet?

4. Do you have a crush on me?

5. Would you kiss me?

6. Give me a nickname and explain why you picked it.

7. Describe me in one word.

8. What was your first impression?

9. Do you still think that way about me now?

10. What reminds you of me?

11. If you could give me anything what would it be?

12. How well do you know me?

13. When's the last time you saw me?

14. Ever wanted to tell me something but couldn't?

So that's it for now then. I shall leave you with a parting thought I had today. We had abandoned donuts @ work. Kate gave one to me. I looked at the donut all day. I said no. "Think boyfriend. Think guy. No donut. Think skinny!" And then guess what thought won? "You don't have a boyfriend. You have a donut. Love the donut." And then the donut got eaten by yours truly. That pesky inner voice. But alas. I have (had) the donut.

Bye!

No comments: