Sunday, April 03, 2005

I'm beginning to find all the good parts of my job. I don't absolutely despise it anymore. Granted, I hate upselling and working drive-thru every single day, but... the people make it worth it. Kate's not really my favorite so much anymore. Even though I saved her butt a few too many times. She's just not very nice. I don't think she's as great now that Sam's gone. The two of them together were pretty spectacular.

I absolutely adore Amanda. She's so great. She's moody, but in a funny way. But she's looking for another job. She hates Caribou. I guess I can't really blame her. Megan gets on my nerves, but she's nice so all's well. Alli i adore because we worked at Avalon together as well. We go way back...haha. Karley I used to not like, but now I really do. Kelley and I get along pretty well. She's fun to complain about Elke with.

It's the guys that have been making life at Caribou so entertaining. Jon is a great guy. Great MARRIED guy with too many cute stories about his wife. Adam is a pal. Get this...he's an actor who works at Caribou for cash, and he even auditioned for the latest Superman movie. Made it to the top 50. I could almost see it... he's a lover of show tunes, and I made him a copy of the Newsies soundtrack. Now he wants to borrow "The Notebook" to watch with his girlfriend. Alas alas. We really enjoy singing our favorite musical selections together behind the counter. We're the entertainment for Amanda, as she slaves away on the bar.

Kerry lives with his girlfriend, so he has a lot of stories there. But he makes me laugh so hard... on Friday he made up an ongoing song for about half an hour to the tune of "Phantom of the Opera" (which he really didn't know, he just heard me humming it) called "The war of the chocolate" and was singing in this high little voice, and I was literally on the floor, unable to breathe. "The chocolate died today, it's very sad. I killed it gratefully...but I feel bad. We needed mochas, and cocoas too... the chocolate died a lot today for me and then for you..." Then went on to talk about the horrible chocolately battlefield, and how his apron was stained with chocolate blood. (He had been 'making chocolate' which consists of mixing ghiradelli chocolate powder with scalding hot water. Poor, poor chocolate.) But then he moved on to singing about everything! "I scoop the ice out of...the ice hold-er. I put it in the drink, so it's cold-er! And then I stir it up, and drink it fast. It tastes so very good it's hard to make it last."

He's just so funny. I made him promise to make it a good mid-shift, and make me laugh. So he did! He made me an oreo snowdrift, but he made it his way...which is lethal. I swear i'm still full. There were soooo many oreos in that thing.

Aaron is fun to work with when I actually work with him. He's always humming movie tunes. He has a very dry sense of humor. Lots of sarcasm. If I weren't so hung up on someone else, I'd probably have a crush on each and every one of them.

Anyway, Caribou hasn't been so bad as of late. ON Thursday? Oh my gosh! I was working with Carrie and Erica and Travis stopped by (another fabulous guy to work with) and a huge truck with a huge trailer thought it would be fun to try to go through a drive-thru. First they were on the curb, then hit the light post, then couldn't make the turn, so they decided not to. Instead of backing out, which they could have done...he decided to drive through the grass. (New sod after two days of rain. Hmmm...basically a wet land) It ended up with him being stuck for an hour and a half, me closing the drive-thru by chasing cars away. (Literally) And our entire new landscaped lawn completely torn up. COMPLETELY! They had to get towed out by Amoco next door. Our district manager made us file a report so the police had to come. It was very interesting.

So that's Caribou. In other news...there really is a drama program, and I really am in charge. Sarah Jenkins is my second in command, and I'm sure Brant will help her out if i leave. Oh, did i say if? I meant when.

I'm trying to remember all the things I told myself to remember to write about. Oh, well. I fail... I can't think of anything else. I'll write more later when something interesting happens.

A Bientot.

C'est moi!

No comments: