Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Here's the problem;

I place too much importance on things that shouldn't be important. Instead of focusing on who I am NOT to the people around me, I have to remove them from that role in MY life. Stop assuming equal importance and therefore remove the constant disappointment when you are served with the reminder that you are not held in the same place. You are not equal.

Remove all expectations, and you can't get hurt. Right... well,  it's nice to think about anyway.

The only people you can count on are Jesus, and yourself. Another way to avoid hurt and disappointment.

There was a story written about me recently, and my personal battle with the devil, and how I don't accept Heavenly help when I should. It's not wrong. Would it be extreme then to suggest, that I leave all other help out of the equation? Eliminate friendships that always bring hurt? Bypass the constant urge for human companionship?

If all of the things I've been shown are true, then there is one person who God has chosen for me. Through that choice I would be brought into an altogether different environment, with different people. Perhaps I'm meant to start over. Maybe I've strayed so far off the path he had intended for me, that the only way to get to where I need to be is with a clean slate. Completely clean, fresh and new. No expectations. No pasts, only beginnings.

Wishful thinking or Heavenly guidance? I'm not sure yet.

Time to pray.

No comments: