Friday, February 04, 2005

I'm so thrown off...I'm so confused! I'm not entirely sure how to function at the moment. What's going on?? Good grief. So! Yesterday...

Yesterday I worked a double shift from 6:30am - 4pm. I had about twenty minutes to sit and do nothing, so I had to make a bunch of phone calls. Business, you know. I think the second shift was more fun than the first. Why?? Because Elke put me on drive AGAIN this morning. It's becoming a regular routine. Not so happy about that. Oh, well. I don't mind it, except for the breathing thing.

The second shift was just me, Katrina, and Emily...so of course it was fun. The weather was AMAZING! Everyone was walking in without coats. IN FEBRUARY! Usually we have another blizzard by now! The snow was melting (people were referring to our drive-thru lane as the Caribou River) and I could see GRASS! Makes sense that Minnesota would get perfect temp weather right as I'm about to go to Florida. Makes perfect sense, uh-huh. Life. SO! Since it was so beautiful, I volunteered to go pick up the garbage around the grounds. It was a dirty, messy, very wet job..but it was SO NICE OUT!

Anyway, my shift ended at 4, and I got out of there about 4:15. I went home, grabbed some LOTR figurines, and headed to church to help Perry make the Getdown Overnighter video. I forgot to bring a girl, so when we had to do the anti-PDA segment, Perry made Lurtz (The lead Uruk-hai from FOTR) and Gimli make out. Gross....

After that, I came home with every intention of doing my laundry. I was sooo tired.... (after getting almost three hours of sleep the night before) and I had sooo much stuff to get done! I was gonna go to Cub and cash in my coins, but I didn't. I went online instead to check my e-mail. The laundry thing threw me off, because my mom told me when I got home that she had already been working on it, and it was almost done. Say what?!? Good grief... I didn't know what to do.

So, it was about 6:30, so I got ready to watch The OC. I tape it every single week just in case somebody missed it. I lay down on my bed and settle in. (bad idea) I woke up at 7:30, half an hour after it had started. BUT-- I was sooo confused, I thought I had slept til 7:30 AM, and I was supposed to be at work by six! I jumped up and had a total freak-out moment, until I realized the TV was on, and the OC was playing. Instead of getting upset about missing that show, I sighed in relief and turned the TV off. So basically, I went to bed at 6:30 pm!!

My whole routine was abandoned, and all the stuff I have to accomplish didn't happen. I didn't talk to a certain somebody, and that threw me off. And the worst part? Oh....I can't even... so today (Friday) I work from 6-11. We're supposed to hop in the van and start our road trip around noon. Last night was my frantic last minute night, and I slept through the whole thing. I HAVE NOT EVEN PACKED YET! So here I am, with a full eight hours of sleep behind me, up at 3am to pack for this trip. I have to pack, then I have to work, then I have to cash in my coins, pick up my pay check, go to the bank, cash my check, go home, load up the rental van, make sure I have EVERYTHING I need, and then fall over dead. Sounds like a good plan to me! So, here I go. To the laundry room to see if my clothes really DID wash themselves.

Hopefully they'll have internet access at the first timeshare or whatever. The last one did! Then I can keep this updated. Unless of course the ship goes down or something, and we all die. YOu'll never know then, will you?!? Oh, well...

So! Until then...

Corrie

No comments: