Saturday, May 06, 2006

Time for good stuff. I waited until I could upload the pictures before I talked about this. WEE! Well, when I was around 14 years old, I set a certain goal for myself. Oh, yes. I said I HAD to do this before I died. What's that, you ask? Why... meet my favorite celebrity, of course! At that time, there were two. But surely surely, one was replaced with the other. (Even though I loved them both.)

LONG story shorter. When I was 7 years old, Kelly was in love with Jonathan Brandis. Not wanting to be alone in her teenage obsessions, she assigned my sisters and I our own celebrity to be in love with. Candace was assigned Jeremy Jordan, and Sunnie was assigned Eddy Furlong. No one knows who those people are now. I was fortunate enough to have been assigned Leonardo DiCaprio. It was an arranged love, and I fell into it happily. We had a long term commitment, Leo and I. ESPECIALLY in 8th grade, after Titanic came out. I had loved him since Growing Pains, so I could say he was mine first, but I shared him with my pals.

Towards the end of junior high/beginning of high school... I found another love. He was so good looking, talented, a SINGER, and a Christian. He was a Backstreet Boy, and his name was Brian Littrell. Leo was replaced in my room little by little, but never erased. He remains visible in my room to this day in some degree. I knew meeting Leo would never happened, so I set a "Before I Die" goal, to meet Brian Littrell.

Tuesday, May 2nd, 2006 I accomplished that goal. WEE! BJ, Kelly and I drove to Buford Georgia, to a Lifeway Christian Bookstore. We got there what would have been way too late if he had been appearing back home at TMOA. We waited for a little over 2 hours. We entertained ourselves by joking about our new favorite artist. Here is a sample of his work:



That is one of his better ones. It's entitled "Three Wise Men". I will include more of his work, since he makes me laugh. (He was almost on Flight 93 on 9/11, except that he wasn't. Not even close to almost! Now all he has is his art to show his pain. Bless you, Daniel Belardinelli. You are so entertaining! In a bad way!)

So then we met Brian! Here is my proof. The first picture is cute, and the second is classic Brian!






So now I have done it! I have accomplished my goal. Brian put out a spectacular CHRISTIAN CD, (check it out!) and we actually attended his release party. Cool, huh? *sigh* It was a great day, and I experienced it with the two best people possible. And the three of us were so entertaining, I gotta tell ya. We were hilarious. Especially when I tried to teach BJ to change his shirt in public, like a girl. (Put one shirt on over the other one, and then pull your arms in through both, then put them out through the one on top, and pull the shirt underneath out through the neck hole of the one on top) Confusing? Yeah, it was for BJ too. But the girls in the line got a kick out of it!

So that's my update for now. It was a great day. Later taters!

ME!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Belardinelli!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I still have the file in my briefcase. I can't file it myself, and my secretary is terrible.

Anonymous said...

here ye here ye and all of that...............where did you see belardinelli's work? caught his show in cleveland last summer and it was brilliant. where are the other images?

dylan t.