Monday, March 24, 2003

Okay, I lied. There's something kinda sorta interesting that I've been thinking about recently. A few years ago...like, quite a few, I liked this guy. He and I were exactly alike. Eerily so. Our mothers constantly compared stories about us. Thing is, he fell for my step-sister...his opposite in every way. He knew he ended up hurting me, so he wrote me an e-mail once, telling me "You can't have a relationship with someone you have a lot in common with. Relationships have to be built on compromise. Otherwise there's nothing that binds it together, nothing to work on or towards, and it falls apart", etc. etc. You know what? I believed him for awhile. But now? I think that's total crap. I really, really do. Why would you want to work so hard to try to be with someone, compromising on EVERYTHING?? Wouldn't you rather just...yeah, you both like it, you both do it. Not "We'll do your thing for awhile, then mine..." That's dumb. Stupid, silly, dumb. I'm not really making the kind of sense that I want to right now. I think, you should have a lot in common with the person you pursue a relationship with. Why? So you don't hate each other, duh! If you don't have a lot to work on in the relationship, that's a good thing right? Okay, so I've never had one. But still! I don't understand why you would WANT to have problems to solve. Intentionally. That's plain madness. I get giddy when guys seem a lot like me. I wouldn't look elsewhere. So there. I've said my piece. Again. Ta-da. Later gator.

No comments: